Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ch- Ch- Ch- Chia!

I made chia seed pudding this morning!   My new roommate has been making it on a regular basis because it's one of the only dessert-type things she can eat due to her current dietary restrictions (more on that later) and I was curious to experiment with my own version.  I used some almonds that I had soaked overnight to make almond milk, and instead of straining the milk after blending as I normally would, I kept the almond pulp in and added the chia seeds along with a little coconut oil, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and whisked away and let it soak.  The pulp from having made my own almond milk really made the pudding.  It gave it some more substance and texture, as opposed to being a little too gooey and slimy.  This chia seed pudding recipe served as my base recipe/inspiration.  I can't wait to experiment with a chocolate version by using some raw carob powder.  Yum!

I'm meeting with my friend Lee this morning so he can take some yoga shots of me in Prospect Park.  I went with my camera yesterday and got a few nice ones, like this one of ustrasana (camel pose), but setting the ten second timer and running to get into the pose is not the best way to get a good picture.  We'll see what we come up with today!


No comments:

Post a Comment