Sunday, October 16, 2011

gift

sometimes, the universe hands you a gift.  a freebie.  just because you needed it really badly. 


i'm going to place this gift in the category of a life lesson called "trust your instincts."  i've always struggled in so many of my relationships to follow my gut feelings.  i've become so good at giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, at believing even the most far-fetched ideas if it meant that i could keep the people i loved in a positive light. i'm so sad to say that i've even lost great friends because i wasn't able to admit to myself that i was putting someone on a pedestal that lied to me and hurt me time and time again regardless of the many warnings i received from my internal radar.  


but this gift is really an eye opening experience for me.  it's not just a pat on the back, or a "you were right all along" from the universe.  it feels almost like all the greater forces that are unknown to me are interested in seeing me succeed.  they're tired of seeing me struggle, constantly grasping for straws and settling for so much less than i deserve.  




settling is for sand at the bottom of the ocean

No comments:

Post a Comment